Welcome to the blog showcase by the Year 2 students of the School of Science and Technology (SST), Singapore.
A digital showcase by the Art, Design, Media and Technology (ADMT) department, this 'Basic Architecture: Architectural Design' digital exhibit was done with the following objectives:
- To enable students to apply systemic thinking into architectural works, with considerations being made of, the environment as well as other demographic and geographical factors
- To sharpen the students' visual communication skills, through the production of digital presentation boards
Each Year 2 student was given the task and theme of working on an architectural (re)design project, with the following 3 deliverables: a design journal, a virtual model and a set of digital presentation boards. 4 locations here in Singapore were offered to the students to choose from as options. They were:
- The KTM Railway Station building at Tanjong Pagar
- The current SST holding site at Clementi Avenue 6
- The Khoo Teck Phuat hospital at Yishun
- Any other relevant open sites and spaces in mainland Singapore
The following set of pages showcase the exemplary works done by some of these 13-14-year old students. Critiques, comments and feedback are most certainly welcomed. Do take the time to view and enjoy their digital works. Hoping that you would enjoy the showcase, and the efforts put in by these students, and their teachers.
Subject Head (ADMT/SST)